The ColoLAVAGEsm is a method of lower bowel cleansing consisting of a low dosage of traditional oral prep combined with natural formulas and specialized colonic irrigation (colon hydrotherapy) techniques using filtered water with a state of the art FDA/CE registered device. The ColoLAVAGEsm is used for preparation prior to colonoscopies and for radiological or endoscopic examinations.
From our experience the ColoLAVAGESM produces better bowel cleaning, better patient satisfaction, in addition to increasing patient safety as compared to the conventional bowel prep.
Colon Hydrotherapy: An Alternative Bowel Prep for Colonoscopy
Live video of Colonoscopy of a patient of Dr. Demetriou who used the ColoLAVAGESM Prep.
Benefits of the ColoLAVAGEsm include:
- • Improves patient satisfaction and compliance equal less cancellations and less rescheduling
- • Shorter procedure times
- • Immediately reduces the patients’ feeling of
- • Bloating
- • Gas
- • Feces
- • Mucus
- • Bile
- • Reducing the oral prep volume from 64 to 16 ounces
Great for your patients who have low tolerance to high volume oral prep
- • Less anesthesia is used meaning quicker recover times
- • The scope will slide more easily due to the natural lubricating properties water
- • The colon is cleaner and therefore making it easier to see the tissues for screening
Great for patients who have:
- • Had bad preps in the past
- • Have mobility issues
- • Have had gastric bypass
Provide this unique service in your area and gain additional revenue opportunities
The ColoLAVAGESM Training course teaches Colon Hydrotherapists to:
- • Work with other healthcare professionals.
- • Increase demand for their services.
- • Position themselves as a leader and role model in colon health industry.
The ColoLAVAGESM Training course teaches liscensed medical professionals to:
- • Increase income potential by providing a new service.
Amy Sanders Training Video for the ColoLAVAGEsm Colonoscopy Prep.
Article from EndoNurse about GI DOCTORS: Bowel Preps 2012: Is Hydrotherapy Part of the Mix?
Some gastroenterologists are also not happy with prep options, or at least want there to be more choices. For instance, Dr. Chris Demetriou, the owner of a GI clinic called GI DOCTORS, on Long Island, in New York. Demetriou’s office does around 1,600 colonoscopies a year. He has two partners and all are using a hydrotherapy prep and are pleased with the results, reported Amy Sanders, who helped implement the program. Sanders is president of “GPACT,” Global Professional Association for Colon Therapists.
Her findings from the implementation program: Cleaner bowels compared to the traditional preps
- • Due to the lubrication provided by the hydrotherapy versus the drying effect of the traditional prep, they can more easily slide the scope making the procedure faster
- • Patient tolerance is improved versus the traditional
- • Patients can have a light liquid breakfast up to five hours prior to the hydrotherapy/colonoscopy, unlike the conventional prep with no food and sips of water for medications
- • The anesthesiologist reported the following; Patients are requiring less medication administered during the procedure
- • Procedure time reduced
- • Patient recovery time is reduced and feeling of general well being is improved
“Dr. Demetriou and Amy Sanders co -creators of the ColoLAVAGESM the featured article in EndoNurse magazine Dec 2011-Jan12 edition.”